Author Topic: Error message: "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash"  (Read 10763 times)

Offline raw

• View Profile
I get the above error message when I try to open bridgebase.com using windows 7 & IE9, but if I type this same address into the Chrome address box, I do not get this error and I am able to access the site. If I try to load Flash player as requested the loading process fails. The latest version of Flash player has been downloaded, and I should not get this message, so it is a message representing an error. I have run tweaking.com and the Microsoft programs to correct any errors but all have failed. I have also run several of the best malware programs to determine if there is a virus, but none have been found. Should I reset Microsoft software to original conditions and reload the updates. Microsoft seems to offer this option. It is not clearly stated, so I would appreciate any clarification and any suggestions on how I should proceed to eliminate this error.

Conclusion:  I think the conclusion may be of interest to others.

Firstly. I have to thank the moderator of this site for pointing me in the right direction.

As I stated I had downloaded Flash Player, thinking that it might be corrupted, but it did not get rid of the problem. What I have now done is to use the advanced mode of Revo Uninstaller, a step up from the moderate mode, to uninstall both Flash Player and the Chrome browser. Then I reloaded both Flash Player and the Chrome browser. This solved the problem. So, this looks as though it gives some credit to Revo Uninstaller, for removing those items not uninstalled by the uninstalling software that is associated with the programs being uninstalled. I had to undertake the same procedure for Chrome, because some videos in U-tube were generating the same error. I do not know whether moderate mode would also have succeeded.

Final comment: I posted the conclusion because I thought it might be of some help to others, and to give public recognition to the moderator here. I do not know what responsibilities I have with regard to eliminating this case. What is an appropriate time frame?  I need clarification on that issue.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:43:47 pm by raw »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Error message: "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash"
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:52:23 am »
Sounds like the problem is a bad install of the IE flash plug in.

Have you tried updating to IE 11 since your still on 9?

Shane